Ashley Stewart Instagram Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
#AshleyStewart “Be Merry, Be Bright, Be Glam Share Your Look on Instagram” Photo Contest (the "Contest") starts on November 7, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 15, 2013 by 11:59 PM EST ("Contest Period").
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, at least 18 years of age. Employees of The New Ashley Stewart, Inc. ("Sponsor"), and their subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and agencies and members of their immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) and persons living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Instagram or Facebook.
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, Enter to win via Instagram: Using an established and public Instagram account, upload a photo through Instagram and include the hashtag #AshleyStewart. The photos should capture Ashley Stewart style by wearing Ashley Stewart fashions. The photo must contain some type of Ashley Stewart fashion. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on December 15, 2013 to be considered. If you choose to enter via Instagram using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. An Instagram account can be opened for free at www.instagram.com or by downloading the free app. There is no limit to number of entries per person and per household, however, each entry submitted must be substantially different than all subsequent entries. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. REQUIREMENTS OF PHOTOS: Photos may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission; contains any personal identification, such as personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead without permission;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or
• violates any law.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render entry null and void. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such entry or other works used by Sponsor.
4. JUDGING: All eligible entries received will be entered to win, Ashley Stewart judges will choose winners based on creativity, use of product and style. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. WINNER POSTING: Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winners will have their photos posted on Ashley Stewart’s social media platforms on or about December 20, 2013 and may be notified via @byAshleyStewart message on Instagram or email. Potential winners will be required to contact Sponsor via @byAshleyStewart on Instagram or email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours of being notified in order to claim their prize. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within time specified by Sponsor, failure of a potential winner to respond to Sponsor within time specified, or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification and the prize may be awarded to the runner-up.
6. GRAND PRIZES: (5) Winners total will be chosen. (5) Five winners will receive a $100 Ashley Stewart Gift card. All prize details not specified herein as being awarded will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Any and all taxes on the prize, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein as being awarded, are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient.
The prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Giveaway. Winners selected may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize. Submission of an entry constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the prize.
7. RELEASE: Winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its agents, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies and their respective parents and subsidiaries; and each of their respective directors, officers, members, attorneys, employees, and agents, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from winners acceptance or use of any prize or from winners participation in this promotion.
8. GENERAL: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph, entry, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same Instagram account, the authorized subscriber of the Instagram account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the Instagram account by Instagram. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Instagram updates or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to grant the Sponsor and its designees an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exploit the copyright, publicity, and database rights entrant has in the entry, and any ancillary and subsidiary rights therein in any media now known or not currently known, with respect to the entry. The Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify, copy, disseminate or dispose of any entry, the concepts embodied therein or any elements thereof, proper names, likenesses, addresses and locations, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
9. USE OF THE INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsors furthers reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
10. SPONSOR: The New Ashley Stewart, Inc. 100 Metro Way, Secaucus, NJ 07094. 201-319-9093