Last updated: December 23, 2019
- 1. What Information We Collect
- 2. How we Use your Information and Our Lawful Basis and Why We Collect Information
- 3. When We Disclose Information
- 4. How long Your Information is Retained
- 5. International Transfers to the U.S. and Other Jurisdiction
- 6. Your Rights and Choices
- 7. Privacy of Children Who Visit the Website
- 8. Your California Privacy Rights
- 9. Third Party Content, Links, and Plug-ins
- 10. Data Security
- 11. Changes to this Policy
- 12. Questions/Contact Us
1. What Information We Collect:
Information You Provide
Ashley Stewart collects information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you shop at AshleyStewart.com, register or create an online account with or through the Website, purchase products, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, enter into sweepstakes or other promotion, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us . The information we collect include your name, e-mail address, address or zip code, telephone or mobile number, gender, and birth date.
You may also provide us with certain information in connection with specification transactions:
Create an Account: If you create an online account, we will collect information about your purchases and payment methods, as well as the shipping addresses that you add to your Address Book, in order to make future shopping experiences faster and more convenient, and to provide you with more relevant content and advertising on our Website and on other sites.
Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, we collect a payment card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal), depending on the form of payment you choose. We also may collect your billing and/or shipping address, and any other information that is necessary to provide you with the goods or services you ordered.
Information You Provide When You Apply for an Ashley Stewart Credit Card. If you apply online for an Ashley Stewart credit card, you will be providing your personal information directly to the issuing bank for the Ashley Stewart credit card. However, your name, address, phone number, birth date and credit card account number, as well as any additional information necessary for us to provide you with the bonuses and benefits of an Ashley Stewart credit card, may be provided to us by the card issuer.
Information Automatically Collected
Please note that we automatically collect the following information about you:
Computer or Device. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Services, including the browser type, device type, operating system, software version, hardware model, and mobile network information, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services.
Usage Information. We gather navigational information about where visitors go on the Website and information about the technical efficiencies of our Website and services (i.e., time to connect to the Website, time to download pages, etc.). This information allows us to see which areas of our Website are most visited and helps us better understand our visitors' experiences at AshleyStewart.com. This helps us improve the quality of the Website by recognizing and delivering more of the features, areas and services our visitors prefer. We may also create and use electronic records to compile statistics about how our visitors collectively interact with our website. This information is also used to provide you with more relevant content and advertising on our Website and on other sites.
Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our Website. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the Your Rights section below.
Combination of Data
We may combine the information we collect from or about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Website, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
This information may be used to improve our Website, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes (for example, to complete a sale or honor any return policy).
2. How We Use Your Information and Our Lawful Basis
We will have a lawful basis to process your data when:
We need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract
We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and advertising personalization of the service using data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders;
You have consented to such processing; or
We are required to do this by law (for example, where it is necessary to retain it in connection with potential litigation).
We may use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including the following:
To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, install, and track your order (including to process payment card transactions, arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone), provided support and responding to questions from customers and Website visitors, and learn about customers' needs
To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Website
To review the usage and operations of our Website, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services
To provide you with customized Website content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email or text message, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services
To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Ashley Stewart or on behalf of our partners and affiliates, or for research or informational purposes
To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes (this processing may involve profiling - for example to suggest products to you based on your search history, or the search history of other visitors that viewed similar product)
To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
To use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud
If you have an Ashley Stewart credit card, the information we receive from the issuer of the Ashley Stewart credit card is used by us to deliver information about our products to you and to provide you with the bonuses and benefits of an Ashley Stewart credit card, such as contacting you about upcoming in-store promotions and sending you a mailing during your birthday month
For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent
We may share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- Select Third Parties: We also may use select third parties to help us provide new or better products and services to you.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets: We may disclose information about you if there is a sale of all or part of our business, or if we go through a reorganization or merger.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection
4. How Long Your Information is Retained
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
5. International Transfers to the United States and Other Jurisdictions
This Site is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of the, United States, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis.
If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States, where data protection laws may be less stringent than in the country where you live. When applicable, we only transfer your personal data subject to suitable safeguards being in place; through the use of approved standard EU Model Clauses or to companies who are Privacy Shield certified . We also make sure that any such transfers are conducted in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To find out more about how we safeguard your information (including obtaining a copy of such safeguards) in relation to transfers outside the EEA, please contact us via the details provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
6. Your Rights and Choices
Data Subject Rights
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights with regards to your personal data that we hold, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact Us section below. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. These rights include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator .
To make these requests with Ashley Stewart, please submit your name, address, and email address, in addition to the specifics of your request, to the form presented in the popup below.
Cookies, Tracking Options, and California Do Not Track Disclosures
For California Residents: Certain parts of our Website requires cookies. You are free to set your Internet browser device system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences
Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers. We also work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having your information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
If you do not wish to receive e-mails about special offers, new fashion trends, contests and other promotions from AshleyStewart.com, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or modify your account settings by going to the “Welcome Login” link at the top of our website, log-in to your account and then change your settings to indicate that you do not want to receive emails and other promotional materials.
Updating Your Information
We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. If you would like to change your contact information, please go to My Account, and log in with your email address and password, or call us toll free at 1-844-327-4539, Monday through Friday, 9 AM – 7 PM EST.
7. Privacy of Children Who Visit the Web Site
8. Your California Privacy Rights
Your California Privacy Rights :
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their personal information is shared with third parties or affiliated companies for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at: CCPA@ashleystewart.com. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not properly labeled or sent, or for those that do not have complete information.
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You may request to opt out of Ashley Stewart’s sale of your personal information to third parties, and to our affiliated companies that do not share the same brand name, for their direct marketing purposes. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third parties to use for their purposes unless you later direct us to do so. To effect the opt out, please click on the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link on our website footer or submit a request in writing to us using the contact information below.
To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us at CCPA@ashleystewart.com, 1-844-327-4539, or by mail at Attn: Compliance Department. For verification purposes, please have appropriate identity verification available. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
9. Third-Party Content, Links, and Plug-Ins
For your convenience, the Website may contain links to other websites. Ashley Stewart is not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or the content of such other websites. None of the links should be deemed to imply that Ashley Stewart endorses or has any affiliation with the links.
10. Data Security
Ashley Stewart believes in providing a safe and secure experience for all of our online visitors. To that end, we have implemented security measures at AshleyStewart.com to protect the information we have collected at the Website. For example, we limit access to your personal information to select employees and others with a valid business need for the information. In addition, we hold our employees responsible for upholding our privacy standards.
We maintain reasonable physical and electronic safeguards designed to limit unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, and to protect you against the criminal misuse of that information.
We use data encryption technology when transferring and receiving your personal information. For example, in your transactions submitted by you through the Website, a solid key icon or a locked padlock icon at the lower portion of your Web browser window confirms the site is secured through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Pages requesting personal information should always have one of these icons. You can also confirm your data is being encrypted by looking at the URL line of your browser (the place where you type Website addresses). When accessing a secure server, the site address will change from "http" to "https".
While we use the foregoing security measures to protect your information, please note that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored and utilized for business purposes can be guaranteed to be completely secure. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Website will not become publicly available. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software
12. Questions/Contact US